Feb. 11 - Feb. 27, 2022
The TexARTS Professional Series celebrates the extraordinary legacy of the late Stephen Sondheim with a reimagined version of his grisly 1979 masterpiece Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Sweeney Todd is a heart-pounding thriller set in seedy 19th century London. Filled with chilling terror, diabolical humor and extraordinary music, this eight-time Tony-Award-winning musical tells the tale of an exiled barber’s quest to avenge the wrongs done to him and his family by a lecherous judge. Along the way, Sweeney Todd is assisted by the pie shop owner Mrs. Lovett, who has a few creative ideas about what to do with the victims.
Matt Wade and Sarah Fleming Walker lead the TexARTS cast. Wade plays the knife-wielding title character and Walker returns to TexARTS to play the dotty, pie-baking Mrs. Lovett. The cast features Ray DeJohn (Judge Turpin), Daniel Winkler(Tobias), Rachel Pallante (Pirelli & Beggar Woman), Alex Rudd (Anthony), Sarah Zeringue (Johanna), and Christian Erben (Beadle Bamford).
Directed by KASEY RT GRAHAM
Music Directed by LYN KOENNING
February 11 - February 27, 2022
2300 Lohman's Spur
Lakeway, TX, 78734
February 11 - 27, 2022
Thursdays - Saturdays at 7:30 p.m.; 2 p.m. matinees on Sunday and on Saturday, March 26
$60 table seating; $40 regular seating.
A Note about Reopening Safely
By attending an Event at at the Kam & James Morris Theatre located at TexARTS Association for Visual and Performing Arts, all patrons are acknowledging their consent to, and agreed to abide by, the COVID-19 protocols that have been adopted by the venue.
Travis County is currently at a high transmission rate for COVID-19. Because of this,
- All patrons are required to wear masks at this event regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the space for patron usage.
- If you are feeling ill or someone in your household is ill, we ask that you please stay home.
- Food and drink will not be allowed in the facility. For this production, TexARTS will not offer a concession stand and outside food and drink is NOT permitted.
- For the safety of our performers, patrons, and staff, TexARTS has installed in-duct air purifiers to ensuring excellent indoor air quality and upgraded the building’s air filters to the MERV 13 level.