by Teatro Audaz
Opening Doors: A Coming Out / Story Slam Event
An evening of sharing personal stories of “coming out”. Honesty, laughter, and tears are welcome. Stories can be told in English, Spanish or Spanglish.
Performance style will be similar to the popular THE MOTH Storytelling events.
5-10 Storytellers will be selected to share with the audience their story pertaining to this year’s theme: Coming out.
Come share your story or just enjoy what will be a moving evening that celebrates our humanity.
Auditions: September 23 from 1-5 pm Cellar Theatre at The Playhouse SA
YOU MUST REGISTER WITH AUDITION HELPERS.
Auditions will be at the Playhouse San Antonio Cellar Theater.
Performances are October 13 and 14, 2017.
• Out of Town performers may submit their video auditions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Audition will be their story of coming out.
• Time limit: Minimum time 4 minutes-5 minutes max. 60 second grace,
• Points deducted if 60 seconds reached.
• No notes, script or cards will be used. Performer must know story well.
• No costumes or props, music allowed.
• Story must be truthful.
• Must be available for either October 13 or 14 performance.
For Performances: A team of 3 judges will rank storytellers top 3.
1st – 3rd place will be awarded.
Questions or if you would like more information contact us here Teatro Audaz San Antonio
Or email: email@example.com