Woodlawn Theatre San Antonio Seeks Youth Program Director; Application Deadline November 21, 2018
Youth Program Director Position
We are seeking an energetic and committed leader for our Youth Program who can manage a healthy and constructive learning environment for students and their parents.
The Youth Program Director is directly responsible for the overall operation and success of the Woodlawn Academy for Performing Arts.
Work days are normally Tuesdays through Saturdays, afternoons and evenings with occasional Sundays and Holidays required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires and supervises Teaching Artists
- Oversees all Academy operations and programs
- Ensures policies, procedures, and code of conduct are up to date
- Manages the budget for all education programs, department payroll, and invoices
- In collaboration with the Academy staff, manages positive relationships with stakeholders
- Works with the Development Director in creating partnership relationships that strengthen education opportunities for Academy students
- Teaches class programs as required and is on the production team for one Academy show per semester
- In coordination with the Executive/Artistic Director, identifies and develops new educational initiatives
- Develops, sets, and tracks key performance indicators for all educational programs
- Oversees master curriculum and syllabi for all educational programs, and manages the continuous improvement of said programs
- Stays current with local and national trends related to school curricula and arts education
- Oversees Teaching Artists and Student Assessment processes
- Oversees payment schedules and student invoicing
Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in curriculum development and design
- Ability to conduct trainings and/or teach
- Ability to provide direction in two or more of the three musical theater disciplines
- Excellent writing, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability in budget management
- Demonstrated attention to detail
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Performance, Theatre Education, or a closely related field, or 4+ years working with children/youth in an educational setting
- Business development and promotional experience a plus
Benefits included with this position.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter, and two references. We will be accepting resumes through November 21, 2018, and are seeking to fill the position at the start of 2019. Candidates are required to pass a background check.
Job Type: Full-time