Agape Theatre Offers $500 Joan Baker Scholarship in Theatre Arts for Graduating High School Senior, Application Deadline May 1, 2017
2017 Application Form - Agape Theatre, Inc. Joan Baker Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS\As part of our mission to provide young performers and artists an environment in which to hone their craft, Agape Theatre is proud to offer the Joan Baker Scholarship in Theater Arts.
The Joan Baker Scholarship is an annual $500 scholarship awarded to an incoming college freshman who displays a genuine interest and dedication to theater.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Joan Baker Scholarship in Theater Arts, you must:
- Be a High School Senior graduating in the Spring or Summer of 2017
- Reside and attend school in Williamson or Travis County
- Have a 3.0 minimum GPA
- Be currently applying to a 2- or 4- year college, university, or conservatory with the intent to study one of the following disciplines:
- Theater Studies, Theater History, or Dramaturgy
- Musical Theater
- Theater Direction or Directing for Stage
- Theater Design (including Costume Design, Set Design, Lighting Design and/or Sound Design)
- Stage Management
Requirements: To apply for the Joan Baker Scholarship in Theater Arts, you must:
- Fill out this online application.
- Upload a current transcript from their High School along with the application.
- Upload a resume encapsulating their experience in Performing Arts thus far along with the application.
- Upload 2 Letters of Recommendation from teachers or instructor who can speak to their performing arts characteristics and talent. If their teacher or instructor would rather submit their letter to Agape directly, they may do so here:https://form.jotform.com/agapeactors/2017-supporting-docs-upload
- Answer one General Essay Question and one Specific Essay Question . Each essay response should be a minimum of 2 pages. There is no page maximum. Essay responses should be double-spaced and in a 12-point font. Essays will be reviewed and graded based on the applicant's ability to:
- Follow instructions regarding formatting and content;
- Sufficiently answer the question by providing a clearly stated opinion or argument;
- Support their opinion or argument with relevant and compelling examples, facts, figures, quotes, or other supporting information;
- Speak with a passion towards theater and theatrical arts;
- Speak as a confident, well-informed, and insightful authority on the essay topic they've chosen;
- Provide a response free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- (Optional Requirement) Provide digital media (e.g. performance video or audio, design sketches, play manuscripts, etc). This material will only be viewed by the selection committee should there be a tie amongst choosing a final scholarship recipient.
Selection Process: All applications and additional documents will be forwarded to the Secretary of the Board of Directors for Agape Theatre, Inc. Your application will be given a number and your name, school, and instructor’s name will be removed from all documents to ensure an anonymous and unbiased selection process. Your information will then be forwarded to a selection committee for further review.
Deadline: Your complete application must be received by Agape Theatre by 11:59pm Central Time on Monday, March 6th, 2017. Agape Theatre will award the scholarship on or before Monday, May 1st, 2017.
For More Information You May Contact:
- Jeff Davis, Artistic Director - Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Knoll, Board Secretary - Jeff.email@example.com