O. Henry Stories with music and dance
by Austin Shakespeare
O. Henry stories with music and dance.
Auditions - O’Henry Stories: Monday, September 11, 2023 at Tapestry Dance Studios, 2015 E Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78741
In-person auditions are by appointment only. Submit appointment requests with headshot & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cannot attend in person? Video submissions should be emailed with headshot & resume to email@example.com
Virtual materials may be submitted by webform at bottom of audition page (https://www.austinshakespeare.org/auditions)
- Equity & Non-Equity actors
- Diverse ethnicities are encouraged to audition
- Monologues of two minutes or less can be memorized or read with familiarity
- You may also prepare two contrasting monologues
- An unaccompanied song is optional
- If you would prefer to read a side from El Cid please ask for copy in advance
- If you are interested in auditioning but cannot make this date, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All rehearsals are weekends and evenings
- LOCAL ACTORS ONLY - no housing or transportation available
- All hires are paid positions
- All productions will be directed by Ann Ciccolella, Austin Shakespeare Artistic Director
Austin Shakespeare is an Equity theater working under the Actor’s Equity Association Small Professional Theater - Level 1 (SPT-1) agreement, using 1 AEA Stage Manager and 2 AEA Actors working side-by-side with our local non-union ensembles.
NOTES TO ACTORS ABOUT AUDITIONING:
- Please know with all due certainty -- we want you to do your best!
- Take a breath. Try to be in your body. Definitely be “in the moment” when you are in the room.
- You have control of what you do during the audition. I may ask you to sit down and tell me a little about yourself when you first come into the room.
- If you are reading with another person, be responsive. Try and really listen and hear/feel what that person is giving you. Look UP at them from your script after you deliver your line.
- “Nerves” are natural; they come because you CARE. Try to use them as energy!
- Afterward, give yourself a pat on the back for auditioning!
Remember: Casting is a complex issue often about creating an ensemble. So, it doesn’t mean you were not “good enough” if you are not cast.
We usually cast within a week or two weeks. Be aware that your availability is a factor in your casting. If it changes, please let us know ASAP.