The Chicago Gypsies
by Gaslight Baker Theatre
Aug. 08 - Aug. 23, 2014
Set in the Midwest during the Great Depression, The Chicago Gypsies is a warm and funny play about the migratory life of a showbiz family on tour who become stranded in Fort Dodge, Iowa. Life is hard for these "Chicago gypsies," but they stubbornly see their way through the "worst of times" to the "best of times," culminating in a heartfelt reunion that makes this extraordinary family glow with the quiet miracle of self-discovery, loving, and survival.
This show is suitable for ages 9 - 99.
- Carolina Lee "Charley" Dover - Clara Francis
- Johnny Dover- Jeter Crutchfield
- Venus Dover- Tammy Francis
- Pearl Gold- Robyn Gammill
- Mary- Ella McCarthy
- Edith- Maddie Welvaert
- Edith (Understudy)- Alice Gammill
- Natasha "Miss Nettie" Hawthorne- Pagan Jackson
- Director- Nina Bryant
- Assistant Director & Stage Manager- Sondra Schaible
- Lighting & Sound Guru- Alan Krumm
- Costume Design- Lori Cordova & Ellen Massey
- Scenic Artist- Megan Creel
- Crew- Larry Jackson
216 South Main Street
Lockhart, TX, 78644
August 8 - 23, Friday & Saturday nights at 8 p.m.
Matinees on Sunday, Aug 17 and Saturday Aug 23 at 2 p.m.
Tickets $15/$12 Seniors & Students