Alamo Theatre Arts Council GLOBE awards gala
by Alamo Theatre Arts Council (ATAC)
“Unity & Harmony: The Show Must Go On”
It’s our 30th year celebrating excellence in San Antonio Community Theater. The evening will include a fabulous night of entertainment as part of our awards presentation.
ATAC Globe Awards are presented annually for categories including excellence in production, direction, lead and supporting actors and actresses, musical direction, choreography, and artistic design areas (Scene, Lighting, Costumes and Sound).
An additional Globe Award recognizing special contribution to San Antonio theatre is presented by the Board of Directors in the name of founder and past president Jasmina Wellinghoff. This year the Wellinghoff award will be presented to MaLuisa Garza-Olivo.
The 2020 awards were not held because of the Covid pandemic, so this year’s awards
will cover shows from both the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons. At least one award will
be presented to 19 shows from these 11 local producing organizations:
- Classic Theatre of San Antonio – Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley
- Romeo and Juliet, Anna and the Tropics
- Crystal Sea Drama Company – Arsenic and Old Lace
- The Harlequin – The Unexpected Guest
- The Overtime Theater – Flash, Lovecraft: The Musical
- PASA (Performing Arts San Antonio – Jane Eyre
- Roxie Theatre – The Marvelous Wonderettes
- San Antonio College – The Heiress
- Trinity University – The Mystery of Edwin Drood
- University of the Incarnate Word – Talley’s Folly, Lobby Hero
- Vexler Theatre – Driving Miss Daisy
- Woodlawn Theatre – A Christmas Carol: The Musical, Dreamgirls, On Your Feet
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Music Man
November 07, 2021
1920 Fredericksburg Rd
San Antonio, TX, 78201
The Alamo Theatre Arts Council 30th Globe Awards presentation will be held Sunday, November 7, 2021, at the Woodlawn Theatre, 1920 Fredericksburg Rd, at 7:30 pm.
General Admission tickets are $20 and available through the Woodlawn’s Box Office, www.woodlawntheatre.org or via THIS LINK.
First Come, First Served seating. Concessions available for purchase.
*Doors open at 6:30.
*Showtime is 7:30.
ATAC plans to abide by the COVID protocols in practice at the Woodlawn at the time of the event.