CTX3462. Opportunity: Managing Director, Fredericksburg Theater Company, $60-$70k/yr & benefits.
Now hiring: General Manager, Fredericksburg Theater Companyx
Full time, $60,000 - $70,000 a year
Job Type Full-time
Shift and Schedule Weekends as needed
Monday to Friday
Pulled from the full job description
- Flexible schedule
- Health insuranceå
- Paid time off
Full job description
Fredericksburg Theater Company is a small business in Fredericksburg, TX. We are social, fun, collaborative and our goal is to deliver exceptional theatrical experiences that engage our local community.
Our work environment includes:
- Regular social events
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Lively atmosphere
The Fredericksburg Theater Company (FTC) is seeking an enthusiastic and visionary Managing Director to lead and oversee all business aspects of its operations. As the face of the organization, the Managing Director will embody FTC's mission to provide superior theatrical programs that entertain, educate, enrich, and inspire the regional community. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for financial management, production financial oversight, community engagement, marketing strategy, and organizational development.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive budget and financial plan, including revenue projections, expense forecasts, and strategies for cost control.
- Collaborate with staff on show budget planning and execution
- Provide regular monthly reporting to the Board, offering executive summaries and financial analysis.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State tax laws, reporting requirements, and other regulatory obligations.
- Oversee current grant applications and proactively seek out potential grants from a variety of resources.
- Manage the Theater's finances with sound business practices, evaluating insurance coverage, benefits, and liability policies.
- Drive fundraising efforts, setting annual goals and exploring innovative ways to secure financial support.
- Ensure all productions are executed within budget and on schedule, leveraging vendors, volunteers, and staff effectively.
- Provide support to staff assigned to shows, fostering a collaborative and productive environment.
- Be present at shows as the face of the Theater and Community Engagement
- Increase participation in auditions, focusing on attracting new talent while re-engaging former participants.
- Strengthen donor relationships to increase donations
- Foster partnerships with local theaters, educational institutions, and community groups in Gillespie County.
- Create a robust volunteer management process, including recruitment and engagement strategies.
- Develop and lead community outreach initiatives to enhance volunteer involvement and community engagement.
- Innovate and implement creative marketing strategies to maximize audience attendance.
- Develop a marketing calendar that adapts based on show genre, duration, and expected profitability.
- Design and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy covering the website, newspaper, ticketing, playbill, and social media platforms.
- Oversee website redesign and optimization efforts.
- Elevate the theater's presence in media and social media engagement.
- Empower staff to propose show options for future seasons to the Board.
- Foster transparent and effective communication with the Board, actively participating in monthly meetings.
- Create individualized development plans for staff, regularly reviewing progress and making revisions.
- Develop improved processes for theater facilities management.
- Execute planned future building improvements as directed by the Board.
- Contribute to discussions on the theater's long-term vision and strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Arts Administration, Business Management, NonProfit Administration, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience in arts management, nonprofit leadership, or related roles.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with budgeting, financial reporting, and grant management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to foster relationships with donors, volunteers, and community partners.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing innovative marketing strategies.
- Effective team leadership and management skills, with a commitment to staff development.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal.
- Passion for the arts, with a deep appreciation for FTC's mission and impact.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and references by October 15th. Please send materials to email@example.com.
FTC is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with it. It may be subject to modification as the needs of the organization evolve.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericksburg, TX 78624: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person