by The Public Theater
Apr. 08Auditions for a role in upcoming season with The Public Theater on Apr 08.
Sign up for auditions for one of the 5 shows next season — 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙛𝙩𝙝 𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝘼 𝙓𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝘾𝙪𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙍𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙭, 𝙎𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘼𝙬𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙡, and 𝙊𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙐𝙥𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨.
𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, including character lists and requirements:thepublicsa.org/services/auditions
For any questions about the audition process, email email@example.com.
Equity Principal Auditions/Equity Chorus Singing Auditions
Saturday, April 8, 2023; 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. CST
All auditions to be held in person.
All auditions, rehearsals, and performances will take place at
Russell Hill Rogers Theater
800 W Ashby Pl, San Antonio, TX 78212
The following individuals will be present in the audition room and will have access to submission materials:
Claudia de Vasco (Executive Artistic Director)
Laura Michelle Wolfe Hoadley (General Manager)
Saphire Mendez (Production Coordinator)
Jaime Ramirez (Resident Music Director)
TBD (Choreographers/Guest Directors)
Note from the executive artistic director:
I know these are coming up fast, wanted to answer some questions you might have about how non-union actors get seen, why the auditions are coming up so fast etc.
- Though we are an AEA theatre, currently most of our contracts are non-union, and in TX even the union contracts sometimes go to non-union performers, working under the union contract. So we want to see as many folks regardless of union status.
- Because we are union, the first auditions of the season HAVE to be an open call, with time-slot sign-ups only available to AEA actors. However, we have many more slots available than we know of total local AEA talent.
- If you are non-union you can either sign up on the "waiting list" through the link, or show up the day of to be seen.
- The two shows we need to cast ASAP are Twelfth Night and Xmas Cuento, most shows will have individual auditions. Those will likely be submissions that lead to appointments, rather than open call.
- Knowing that these are coming up fast, the most important for us to see in these auditions on April 8, are your faces! It's been a while since we've had in person auditions. Of course we want to see your talent, but these auditions will more than likely lead to call backs for the individual show auditions, and in some cases mayyybe a role offer for one of the first two shows, but that shouldn't deter you from auditioning. Bring the best material you have in this moment! We try to provide a welcoming, kind space.
- If you need support finding a monologue or song, we workin to creagte a library or list of suggestions, but I am also happy to help if you PM me.
Happy to answer any other questions!
PREPARED MATERIALS REQUIRED
For consideration in musicals and plays with music:
- 1-minute monologue and 1-minute or 16-bar song selection*.
- A second song may be requested, if the actor wishes to be considered for a musical in a different genre.
- *Actors must bring their own sheet music. Piano accompaniment provided.
- Dance call: if needed, a separate dance call will be held for musical productions.
For consideration in non-musicals and non-singing roles in musicals only:
- 1 monologue not to exceed 2 minutes.
- HEADSHOT — Please upload a color headshot and resume where requested. Resumes should include a current phone number and email address.
- SPECIAL SKILLS — Please be sure to include any and all musical instruments played and level of proficiency under Special Skills.
- CALLBACKS — No callbacks are scheduled at this time. Should callbacks be deemed necessary, individual invitations will be sent directly to the email address on file.
- AGE — Auditions are for 18+ adults only. A separate youth call will be held for available youth roles.
- COVID-19 — Please note: The Public Theater of San Antonio promotes a fully vaccinated workplace. All employees and contractors will be required to show proof of COVID 19 vaccination and may be required to undergo weekly testing, depending on the status of the pandemic at the time of production.