by The Public Theater
Apr. 25 - Apr. 28
These GENERAL AUDITIONS for 2019-2020 will be used to cast the following productions:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (shadow cast)
Elf - The Musical
All is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914
A Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night
A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
More Better Beautiful (New work by Robert Caisley)
Into the Woods
The Public Theater General Auditions (2019-2020 Season)
April 25, 2019; 12:00 - 5:30 pm
April 26, 2019; 12:00 - 5:30 pm
April 27, 2019; 10:00 am - 7:15 pm
April 28, 2019; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
For a list of roles and additional production information, please CLICK HERE.
Prepared Materials Required:
- Musicals OR Musicals and Plays
- 1 monologue (not to exceed 1 minute), 2 song selections (16-32 bars, not to exceed 30 seconds, nothing prior to 1990)
- Provide sheet music in the proper key
- No CD / No MP3 / No Acapella
- No private pianist (an accompanist is provided)
- Dance Call scheduled April 28, 2019, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. If invited, please dress for movement/dance to include proper footwear.
- Plays ONLY
- 2 contrasting contemporary monologues (not to exceed 1 minute each)
- Do not bring props
- No original work or poetry
Please provide a color headshot and resume on arrival.
To make your audition appointment, please CLICK HERE.
Video submissions accepted from non-local artists. Please send headshot, resume, and video of slate and required materials listed above to email@example.com.
The Public Theater of San Antonio is currently in Phase 1 (of 3) transitional stages with AEA to become a Small Professional Theater.
Click for the most recent SPT Actors' Equity Association Rule Book!
*You do NOT have to be an AEA member to audition/be involved with our theater. We aim to treat all performers with equal worth and value – Equity works!
For questions, please contact:
Laura Michelle Hoadley