Alice in Wonderland
by Sam Bass Community Theatre
Jan. 28 - Jan. 29
The original production was created by Gregory and his company through a months-long improvisation period based on Lewis Carroll’s "Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland", "Through the Looking-Glass", and "What Alice Found There". The end result is an avant-garde, exuberant and funny variant of Carroll's classic that is decidedly not the Disney-fied version with which most of us are familiar.
Sam Bass Community Theatre slates auditions for "Alice in Wonderland"
Sam Bass Theatre, the premiere theatrical venue for Round Rock, Texas, is pleased to announce auditions for "Alice in Wonderland", a "theatrical marvel" that was created by famed American director Andre Gregory and the Manhattan Project. Roles are available for a cast of seven women and men.
Auditions, which will consist of cold readings from the script, are set for 6-9 p.m. Mon., Jan. 28 and Tues., Jan. 29 in the 2nd floor conference room of the Round Rock Area Serving Center, located at 1099 E Main Street in Round Rock. If available, actors are welcome to bring their headshots and résumés.
Roles to be cast are:
- Jerry / Dodgson / Hatter / Lordy / White Knight — Male (could be older or younger)
- Larry / Caterpillar / Humpty / Dormouse — Male (could be older or younger)
- Angela / Alice — (younger Female)
- Saskia / Sister / Duchess / White Queen — Female, (older than Alice)
- Gerry / White Rabbit / Hare — Male or Female (any age)
- Tom / Lewis / Cheshire Cat / King — Male, (18-30)
- Red Queen / Mouse / Frog Footman — Female (could be younger or older)
The play will be directed by Ashley Zeh-Perez, a Sam Bass Theatre veteran and UT alum whose previous directorial efforts have included "Moon Over Buffalo", "A Christmas Carol", and "Never The Sinner".
The production runs at 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays from April 5- 28, 2019.
For more information, visit sambasstheatre.org.