by Trinity Street Players
Apr. 23 (2018)
Trinity Street Players presents...
By Henry Krueger and Bill Russell
Directed by Jess Shoemaker
With Music Direction by Paul Pew and Choreography by Adam Roberts
Based on the legendary Hilton twins, Daisy and Violet, Side Show follows their heartwarming search for love and acceptance amidst the spectacle of fame. Find your own inner freak in this courageous tale of owning who you are.
Monday, April 23. Prepare 16-32 bars from a song of your choice and participate in cold readings of sides with other auditioners in your half-hour time slot.
Sign up for an half-hour audition slot on-line HERE. (Seven persons per half-hour slot)
Please bring the following to your audition:
• Headshot and Resume - please include your vocal range• Sheet music with marked 16-32 bars of a song to sing
• List of conflicts for September 1-October 28
If you are unavailable April 23, please email a headshot, resume, and video audition of your vocal selection to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20.
Call Backs are To Be Determined.
• Music, choreo, and staging rehearsals September 1-30
• Tech and Dress rehearsals October 1-11
• Opening Night October 12
• Performances 7:30pm Wed-Sat evenings and 2pm Sunday matinees Oct 12-28• Closing matinee and strike October 28
• Fridays are usually dark during rehearsals - pending cast conflicts
Daisy Hilton: female, Soprano, any ethnicity, 20s-30s
Violet Hilton: female, Soprano, any ethnicity, 20s-30s
*one of the twins is pre-cast. ethnicity is not a factor in determining second twin.
Terry Conner: male, Baritone, any ethnicity, 30s-40s
Jake: male, Tenor Baritone, African American, 40s-50s
Buddy Foster: male, Tenor, any ethnicity, 30s-40s
7 Ensemble Members will play the remaining 20+ characters, seeking diversity of gender/ethnicity/age, able
to move well, strong singers (specifically Mezzo Sopranos, Tenor, and Baritones)
People of color and women are strongly encouraged to audition. Stipend for actors $400-$800