Feb. 19 - Feb. 20 (2018)
This riotously funny comedy follows three cousins as they attempt to throw a family reunion. Things spin hilariously out of control when a neighbor's pet devours everything edible, a one-eyed suitor shows up to declare his love, and a shocking, high-stakes wager is made on who can bake the best red velvet cake. As this fast-paced uproarious romp barrels toward its surprising climax, you'll wish your own family reunion was this much fun!
The Hill Country Community Theatre announces auditions for the fourth show of their 2017-18 season, “The Red Velvet Cake War.” Auditions are Monday, February 19 and Tuesday, February 20 at 7:00 PM at the theatre, 4003 W FM 2147, Cottonwood Shores, TX 78657. The show will be directed by Wendy Ferrell.
The roles are:
· CEE CEE WINDHAM – FEMALE (LATE 40s – 50s any ethnicity) the sassy and stylish host of “Hospitality House”.
· GAYNELL VERDEEN BODEEN – FEMALE (40s any ethnicity) a walking nervous breakdown.
· LaMERLE VERDEN MINSHEW – FEMALE (60s – 70s, any ethnicity) – the sharp tongued matriarch of the Verdeen clan.
· AUBREY VERDEEN – MALE (80s) a good natured oxygen dependent patriarch of the Verdeen clan.
· JIMMIE WYVETTE VERDEEN – FEMALE (30s-40s) a hearty (overweight) good ol’ girl with and unfortunate uni-brow.
· PEACHES VERDEEN BELROSE – FEMALE (30s – 40s) the saucy #1 mortuarial cosmetologist in the tricounty area.
· BITSY HARGIS – FEMALE (30s – 40s) Gaynell’s neighbor.
· NEWT BLAYLOCK – MALE (40s – 50s) a true Texas eccentric with a patch over one eye.
· SHERIFF GROVER – MALE (50s) stereotypical Texas sheriff with mirrored sunglasses and a bad attitude.
· ELSA DOWDALL—FEMALE (20s – 40s) the skeptical court appointed psychologist.
· MAMA DOLL HARGIS – FEMALE (80s -120s) Bitsy’s mother.
· PURVIS VERDEEN – MALE (40s – 60s) his favorite past time is taking pictures of dead relatives.
Production dates are for three weeks, April 26 through May 13, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 PM, Sunday matinees at 2:15 PM.
For more information, please call the theatre at (830) 693-2474 or send an email todirector@theHCCT.org