Director Needed at Georgetown Palace for TRUE STORY OF THE 3 LITTLE PIGS (Paid; Apply NOW)
THEATRE FOR YOUTH DIRECTOR (CONTRACT)
Supervision received from: Education Coordinator and Artistic Director
Coordinate with: Staff, Stage Manager, Actors
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Georgetown Palace Theatre seeks highly qualified DIRECTOR for a Theatre for Youth production of “The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs” with scheduled performances between October 12th - 29th, 2016. Rehearsal period to begin in late September. Working with the Education Coordinator and Stage Manager, applicant will be responsible for holding auditions and selecting cast members, collaborating with the technical crew (including lighting, sound, set and costume designer), scheduling and leading rehearsals.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires advanced knowledge in the field of acting and directing. Ideal candidates will have documented experience directing Theatre for Youth productions. Candidate must be comfortable working independently and within an established budget. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Theatre or Directing is preferred.
- Working with Artistic Director, ensure expected quality of a Georgetown Palace Theatre production.
- Collaborate with production team, coordinating research, stagecraft, costume design, props, lighting design, acting, set design and sound design for the production.
- Working with Stage Manager and Education Coordinator, create and publish rehearsal and performance schedules.
- Hold and run all auditions and callbacks.
- Conduct all blocking rehearsals, scene work, run-throughs, and technical rehearsals through opening.
COMPENSATION: This is a contract position. The Production Director will be paid a total of $500 the audition and rehearsal period for ten to twelve (10-12) rehearsals.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume detailing directing experience, website or link to portfolio (if available) and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Theatre for Youth Director” in the subject line.