Austin's Creative Action Seeking LatinX Music Instructors for 4th and 5th Graders
Creative Action seeking Latinx music instructors ASAP! Email firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com if interested.
- Seeking 1-3 music instructors
- Hoping to offer classes in diversity of Latinx music traditions, reflecting diversity of Latinx cultures
- For example: Classes could include Son Jarocho, Capoeira, Mariachi, Latinx hip hop, and more; innovative adaptations and new forms of Latinx music traditions are welcome as well.
- hour-long classes for 4th and/or 5th graders, culminating in a performance on Thursday, October 13, 6 to 8pm
- Date range: September 12 - October 21
- Classes take place between 11am and 2:45pm
- Classes take place 1-2 times per week
- Exact days each week vary; school calendar operates on rotating "A-day/B-day/C-day" style schedule. More detailed schedule of dates/times will be provided ASAP.
- Lee Lewis Campbell Elementary, Media and Performing Arts Institute
- 2613 Rogers Ave, Austin, TX 78722
- Creative Action is a key community arts partner collaborating with Campbell Elementary to transform it into AISD's new Media and Performing Arts Institute, as part of a collective effort spearheaded and supported by AISD Fine Arts, AISD Creative Learning Initiative, Creative Action, and MindPOP
- These classes are part of a broader celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month