CTX3408. Interim Technical Theatre Teacher, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Austin
Interim Upper School Technical Theatre Teacher
The Interim Upper School Technical Theatre Teacher must have a bachelor's degree or higher in Theatre or Theatre Education or a closely related field, excellent character with a passion for collaborative work, student-centered teaching philosophy, several years teaching experience, and working knowledge of the technical aspects of theatre with a preferred concentration in scenic design and construction. This full-time interim position involves teaching three classes and production schedule requirements.
• Teaching duties include Technical Theatre 1, Technical Theatre 2, and Technical Theatre 3- 4.
• Production duties include serving as the Scenic Designer and Technical Director for all Upper School productions and attending all production meetings, rehearsals, and performances.
• Production schedule includes the Upper School Musical, Upper School Acting 1-2 Showcase, Upper School Production Play, Upper School Senior Directing Series and Middle School musical.
• Assist with the set construction, scenic painting, props, etc. with the Technical Theatre class for the Middle School musical.
• Operational duties include management of a fully equipped scene shop, construction equipment, tools, and theatre stock scenery and props, and supervises contracted designers for lighting, sound, costumes, and media.
Manage technical theatre operating budget.
Regular attendance at faculty and department meetings, and other related events.
Other duties, as assigned, in fulfillment of departmental and school goals.
About St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
The mission of St. Andrew’s Episcopal School is to provide an enriched academic program within a Christian environment emphasizing the fulfillment of each student’s potential.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School is committed to building a beloved community of learning that embraces diversity, champions justice, and honors the dignity of every human being.
St. Andrew’s is a co-educational Episcopal K-12 day school, enrolling approximately 970 students on two campuses in Austin, Texas. The school strives to help young people from diverse racial, religious, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to achieve their potential not only in intellectual understanding but also in aesthetic sensitivity, physical well-being, and moral decisiveness so that they may lead productive, responsible lives, not only for themselves but also for their community. For more information about St. Andrew’s School in Austin, please access our website: www.sasaustin.org.
St. Andrew's is committed to providing equal opportunity in all personnel actions and in the administration of all policies and programs.
St. Andrew's employs individuals without regard to race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation as protected by federal, state, or local law.