CTX3308. Opportunity: Education Technical Director, Resident Designer, Georgetown Palace Theatre (part-time, $25k-$32k annually)
Education Technical Director/Resident Designer
The Georgetown Palace Theatre
Georgetown, TX 78626
$25,000 - $32,000 a year - Part-time
Salary$25,000 - $32,000 a year
Job Type Part-time
Shift and Schedule Weekend availability
Evenings as needed
Day shift Monday to Friday
Education Technical Director/Resident Designer
Make an immediate impact and help to bring the magic of theatre to life. The Georgetown Palace Theatre, a steadily building non-profit theatre company with three physical spaces in the booming Central Texas area, is actively searching for a Technical Director/Resident Designer for the busy Education Department.
Why the Palace?
We are looking for those with interests that are multi-faceted, self-motivated, a passion for theatre and specifically theatre education, and interested in being a part of the Palace during this exciting time of growth.
This position is responsible for the quality of the technical aspects of all Georgetown Palace Theatre Education Department productions and programs, as well as organizing and maintaining equipment and work areas. The candidate should be comfortable working independently.
- Work and communicate regularly with Palace Theatre Tech Director and Production Associate
- Collaborate with Production Teams
- Building sets & working with Volunteer Set Construction Crew
- Troubleshooting Lighting, Audio, and Projection Systems
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Education
- The candidate must be comfortable working with both hand and power tools
- The candidate should be comfortable working with Qlab
- The candidate should be able to operate the light board and sound equipment
- Possess basic troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently are required
- The candidate should comfortable working on ladders and heights
- The candidate should be able to lift at least 20-30 lbs.
- Video/Projection Design Experience
- Sound Design/Engineering Experience
- Set Design Experience
- Scenic Artist/Painting Experience
- Props/Property Design Experience
- Lighting Design/Master Electrician Experience
- Familiarity with basic electrical wiring
- Basic AV troubleshooting Skills
- Scissor/ForkLift operation
This position is classified as part-time, but exact hours will vary depending on the season and the needs of the Education Department. Schedule will be mostly flexible, and some work can be done offsite, but some evenings and weekends will be required.
Each year, The Georgetown Palace Theatre Education Department produces:
- 2 semester-long KIDS shows (2nd-5th graders, approx 30 min run time), one fall (typically performs in December), one spring (typically performs in May)
- 2 semester-long JUNIOR shows (5th-8th graders, approx 60 min run time), one fall (typically performs in December), one spring (typically performs in May)
- 1 full-length musical (8th-12th graders), typically performs in either late December or early/mid-February
- 1 full-length play (8th-12th graders), typically performs in April/May
- 1 Musical Theatre Showcase (8th-12th graders), typically performs in May
- 2 Theatre for Young Audience shows: One fall (typically performs in October), one spring (typically performs in April), performed by adults for kids/school field trips (typical run time is 50-60 minutes), rehearse for 2 weeks during daytime hours, performs for 3 weeks during weekday daytime hours plus a couple of Saturday public performances
- 17-20 fully produced Spring Break and Summer Camp shows: Spring Break shows are rehearsed and produced in one week; Summer Camp shows run in FIVE 2-week sessions, with 3 (sometimes 4) different productions in each session, depending on the age group, each show is 30 minutes, 45-50 minutes, or 60 minutes in run time
$25,000-$32,000, salary commensurate with experience and dependent on which specific resident designer roles are included
The Georgetown Palace Theatre values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an inclusive employer.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is a 501(c) nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Georgetown and Williamson County by providing a venue for quality and affordable entertainment and educational opportunities in the performing arts.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25,000.00 - $32,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.