Make an immediate impact and help to bring the magic of theatre to life. The Georgetown Palace Theatre, a steadily building non-profit theatre company with three physical spaces in the booming Central Texas area, is actively searching for a Technical Director.
Why the Palace?
We are looking for those with interests that are multi-faceted, self-motivated, a passion for theatre, and interested in being a part of the Palace during this exciting time of growth.
This position is responsible for the quality of the technical aspects of all Georgetown Palace Theatre programs, as well as organizing and maintaining equipment and work areas. The candidate should be comfortable working independently.
- Overseeing Volunteer Set Construction Crew
- Collaborate with Production Teams
- Building sets
- Troubleshooting Lighting and Audio Systems
- Installing and Creating special effects
- Supervise and Evaluate Production Associate
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Artistic Director
- The candidate must be comfortable working with both hand and power tools
- Possess basic trouble shooting skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently are required
- The candidate should comfortable working on ladders and heights
- The candidate should be able to lift at least 20-30 lbs.
- Working knowledge of a counter-weight rigging system
- Working Knowledge of Qlab
- Various atmospheric effects (Fog, Haze, etc.)
- Basic AV troubleshooting Skills
- Familiarity with basic electrical wiring
- Scissor/Fork Lift operation
This position is full-time, 40 hours. Schedule will be mostly during business hours during the week, but will require some weekend and evenings.
$38,000-$42,000, salary commensurate with experience.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401k, and employee discounts.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an inclusive employer.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is a 501(c) nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Georgetown and Williamson County by providing a venue for quality and affordable entertainment and educational opportunities in the performing arts.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location