Virtual Unified Auditions, Austin Creative Alliance - Submission Accepted until April 15, 2021
Virtual Unified Auditions, Austin Creative Alliance
The 2021 Annual Unified Auditions will be held virtually this year. The Unified Auditions serve professional, working actors and production staff in Texas. The audition is open to all artists, union and non-union, local and regional. Actors / production staff of all ages, ethnicities, and physical/mental abilities are encouraged to participate.
WE'RE VIRTUAL THIS YEAR WHICH MEANS ACTORS / PRODUCTION STAFF WILL:
- Submit electronic headshots and resumes to email@example.com along with a video link by Thursday, April 15th at 5 pm.
- You'll record your one minute audition and WeTransfer your .mp4 video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACA will host a Watch Party where auditors will have a chance to watch your audition together. We will report to you the auditors that have viewed your submissions in early May.
All applicants must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Be a member of AEA or AEA eligible OR…
- Have accumulated the equivalent of one year's acting training
- Have accumulated the equivalent of one year's production training (Producing, Directing, Stage Managing, Design, Crew positions) OR…
- Have performed in at least two non-school, public stage productions (university/college productions accepted)
What to record if you're an ACTOR:
- Slate your name and the piece you will be performing (10 seconds or less)
- Your Audition piece will be either:
- One 1-minute monologue that best represents your acting ability
- OR One 1-minute monologue PLUS 16 bars or approximately 30 seconds of music.
- NOTE ON MUSIC: You may use a karaoke track, piano track, a live accompanist, or sing acapella.
- All materials (headshot, resume) must be emailed to email@example.com byThursday, April 15th at 5pm PLUS your video (slate+audition compiled as ONE file) must be WeTransferred to firstname.lastname@example.org byThursday, April 15th at 5pm!
What to record if you're in a DIRECTOR / STAGE MANAGER / DESIGNER / CREW:
- Slate your name
- One 1-Minute Pitch that best represents you as an artist. Your pitch should include:
- Your Artistic Philosophy
- Your Skill Set(s)
- Which Production Area(s) You'd Like to Work
- How You Like to Work
- A Snapshot of your Credentials, Previous Experiences, Awards
- All materials (photo, resume) must be emailed to email@example.com by Thursday, April 15th at 5pm PLUS your video (slate+audition compiled as ONE file) must be WeTransferred to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 15th at 5pm!
A few TIPS for ACTORS / PRODUCTION Staff:
- Resumes must include your telephone number, email address and cite previous performing experience.
- Record your video in LANDSCAPE.
- iPhone recordings are fine.
- Make sure your lighting is good. Natural light, a ring light - anything that let's us see your face.
- Make sure you're in a medium or close up so that we can see your face. If you'd like to show full body, do it in the slate.
- Compile your slate and audition into ONE FILE.
- We request that the file size be under 300MB and in mov, mp4,avi, dv, m4v, wmv formats only.
- Please name your files in the following format: firstnamelastname_auditionpiecename For example: johnsmith_Hamlet.
Registration Deadline is 5:00pm on Thursday, April 15th, 2021
Application Processing Fees:
- $10 for Current ACA Members
- $30 for Non-Members
- $39 if you wish to become a member of ACA
- No Fee for Actors Equity Members
Application Processing Fees are Non-Refundable.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
|Starts||Thu Apr 15 2021, 10:00am CDT|
|Ends||Thu Apr 15 2021, 05:00pm CDT|