Opportunity: Senior Management Analyst (Arts & Culture), City of San Antonio, $52k-$79k, Application Deadline February 14, 2020
For on-line listing and application forms, click HERE
- Job Summary
Under general direction, is responsible for coordinating, planning, and monitoring City and departmental projects. Conducts research, analyzes complex statistical data, develops planning timetables, evaluates systems policies and procedures, and makes recommendations to achieve
goals and objectives. May exercise supervision over assigned staff.
- Essential Job Functions
- Serves as point person for contract initiation activities for the City's Department of Arts & Culture. This position works within a team. The ideal candidate's writing skills and the ability to convey information to internal and external clients with concise, thorough and relevant content are of utmost importance.
- Develops, administers, and coordinates Request for Proposals (RFP's), and monitors subsequent contracts for contract and grant procurement and administration. Conducts related workshops.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting grant initiation, monitoring or compliance activities, in accordance with the City's contracting policies and procedures.
- Assists divisions to draft a scope of work, analyzes business points within contracts, makes appropriate recommendations, and drafts various contracts for execution.
- Assists with contract compliance activities, reviews contract attachments, insurance documents and processes contracts in the City's contract and payment management systems.
- Assists divisions with establishing new contractors in the City's vendor system. Works closely with Fiscal partners and the City Attorney's Office to process contracts and assign purchase orders.
- Assists divisions to process, approve and track task orders and invoices through the City's contract management and payment systems.
- Provides technical assistance and direction regarding contract compliance and navigating the Department's online grant application platform.
- Assists in the review and update of the department's contracting policies and procedures.
- Plans and conducts organizational studies to improve the utilization of human and other organizational resources.
- Analyzes complex data, policies, practices, systems, procedures, and develops written summaries on findings and recommendations.
- Consults with departments or divisions to improve productivity and delivery of services.
- Prepares management reports and delivers presentations.
- Coordinates departmental projects with city-wide impact, to include the dissemination and communication of information to community partners and affected City departments.
- Provides staff support as required for special projects.
- May prepare grant applications for securing project funds from governmental agencies and financial institutions in coordination with the City Attorney, City departments, other governmental entities, private firms, and citizens.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in a relevant field, including but not limited to management, analysis, or policy development.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
- Physical requirements include frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying up to 30 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, bending and twisting to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are in an office environment.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of organization strategic planning principles.
- Knowledge of management information systems.
- Knowledge of budget and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of operations research.
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware applications.
- Knowledge of systems analysis principles.
- Ability to analyze complex organizational structures and functional relationships.
- Ability to apply statistical and other quantitative methods to organizational studies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate major study projects.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, City management and staff, and contract service providers.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks to complete projects concurrently.
- City of San Antonio
- Human Resources Department
San Antonio, Texas, 78205