Opportunity: Director of Production, Zilker Theatre Productions, Part-Time, Paid, Application Deadline August 23, 2017
Zilker Theatre Productions
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION
Job Description & Duties
The mission of Zilker Theatre Productions is to provide exceptional performing arts experiences to the entire community. ZTP will celebrate 60 years of the ZIlker Summer Musical in 2018.
ZTP is hiring a part-time Director of Production to manage the Zilker Summer Musical Production Team year-round. This job is highly seasonal, with the majority of hours logged between May-July. It is anticipated that the Director of Production will work no more than 8 hours per week in the off-season (majority of those hours offsite/from home) and approximately 40 hours per week in the busy season, with at least half of those hours onsite at a rehearsal space and Zilker Hillside Theatre. The ideal candidate will have flexibility to accommodate the seasonal schedule. This will be a salaried position with no benefits.
Working closely with the (soon to be hired) Artistic Director, the ZTP Director of Production is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the production are completed within budget, according to the designers’ and directors’ wishes, and on schedule. The D of P oversees the cost-effectiveness and planning of the entire production process year-round.
Zilker Summer Musical Duties (year-round):
- Develop and track Production Budget, in close consultation with Executive Director and AD, from October-September (fiscal year)
- Form a Production Team annually, beginning in September; coordinate departmental contracts, staff and budgeting with AD
- Supervise Load In and Strike at both Rehearsal Space and Zilker Hillside Theatre
- Schedule and lead production meetings
- Schedule rehearsals and performances with AD and Executive Director
- Coordinate the rehearsal venue
- Supervise Stage Management in rehearsal process and
- Financial accounting of the show's expenses and revenues
- Oversee all Production Departments’ staffing and technical progress through closing night
- Assist with some logistical elements of Audition Workshops and Auditions
- Attends one 3-hour monthly meeting with senior team
An outstanding Director of Production could come from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds. We are looking for someone who can thrive working independently, as ZTP has no central office and all staff work remotely the majority of the year. The ideal candidate will have a passion for musical theatre, a variety of different production management, technical theatre and/or stage management experiences to draw from, strong verbal and written communication skills, a collaborative personality and great comfort with charting new territory. Strong Microsoft Excel and organizational skills an absolute MUST.
Salary based on skills and experience.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Hiring Committee at email@example.com by August 23, 2017. Interviews will be held in September for an October 1, 2017 position start date. Additional materials may be requested.