Lost in Yonkers
by Fredericksburg Theater Company
Feb. 08 - Feb. 09 (2014)
Lost in Yonkers is about Bella, 35-years-old, mentally challenged and living at home with her mother, stern Grandma Kurnitz. As the play opens, ne'r do-well son Eddie deposits his two young sons on the old lady's doorstep. He is financially strapped and taking to the road as a salesman. The boys are left to contend with Grandma, with Bella and her secret romance, and with Louie, her brother, a small-time hoodlum in a strange new world called Yonkers.
Attendance at Crunch Week rehearsals, April 7th-10th is mandatory, as well as attendance at all performances. Performance dates are Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays April 11th-27th.
- Grandma Kurnitz... 65-75 years old. The hard-as-steel German matriarch. A cold, mysterious, stone-faced woman who keeps her emotions below the surface.
- Bella... 35-40 years old. Grandma's sweet, simple eldest daughter, whose childhood bout with Scarlett fever left her emotionally and mentally arrested.
- Eddie...40-45 years old. Bella's kind yet cautious older brother, uncomfortably estranged from his mother ever since getting married.
- Jay...15-16 years old. Eddie's upright eldest son. Timid, yet anxious to prove he's ready to grow up.
- Arty...12-13 years old. Jay's precocious younger brother. Stoic, yet humorous and witty beyond his years.
- Uncle Louie...35-40 years old. Eddie's smart-mouthed, gangster-employed younger brother. Quick-tempered and fiercely protective of his family.
- Aunt Gert...35-40 years old. Bella's meek and shy, barely younger sister. Quiet, yet with a uniquely unusual speech impediment.
Auditions for Lost in Yonkers by Neil Simon, directed by directed by Ryan Bailey, on February 8 & 9 at 2 pm, Steve W. Shepherd Theater, 1668 Hwy 87 South, Fredericksburg.
All roles are available for audition. Auditions will be conducted by cold readings from the script. Scripts can be checked out at The Steve W. Shepherd Theater offices (next to the theater building) starting Monday, January 27th. The checkout period is 48 hours.
Please contact the FTC office at 830-997-3588 or email@example.com with questions or for additional information. www.fredericksburgtheater.org