by Georgetown Palace Theatre
Oct. 30 (2021)
Comfortably ensconced in his charming Connecticut home, Sidney Bruhl, a successful writer of Broadway thrillers, is struggling to overcome a dry spell which has resulted in a string of failures and a shortage of funds. A possible break in his fortunes occurs when he receives a script from a student in the seminar he has been conducting at a nearby college—a thriller that Sidney recognizes immediately as a potential Broadway smash. Sidney’s plan, devised with his wife’s help, is to offer collaboration to the student for co-credit. Or is it? DEATHTRAP provides twists and turns of devilish cleverness and offers hilariously sudden shocks in such abundance that audiences will be spellbound until the very last moment.
Directed by Tracy Arnold.
Casting 2 females and 3 males.
- Sidney Bruhl – male, age 40-60. Polished, dashing, devious, clever, thinks he’s the smartest man in the room and wants people to know it.
- Clifford Anderson – male, age 20-30. Student. Looks physically fit, good looking, clever. Knows he’s the smartest man in the room and can bide his time to display it.
- Myra Bruhl – female, age 35-60. Sidney’s wife. Sophisticated, upper class but embraces the country life.
- Helga ten Dorp – female, age 30-70. Psychic. Wild, individual, Gypsy-like. Is in and out of this world. Knows she’s a celebrity and buys into the show of her gift.
- Porter Milgrim – male, age 30-70. Professional, solid, observant.
The production will open Friday, January 14, 2022 and close Sunday, February 13, 2022.
Auditions will be held Saturday, October 30 with callbacks Monday, November 1. Callbacks are posted on the Palace website. If you cannot make auditions, please email Productions@GeorgetownPalace.Com and we will try to accommodate a different time to audition.
- Please prepare a 1 to 1.5 minute comedic monologue. It does not have to be memorized but should be prepared. Some cold reading and/or improv exercises may be asked of you in addition. We welcome auditioners that are 18 and older.
Auditions are located in the Palace Playhouse 216 W. 8th Street, Georgetown TX 78626.
Auditions are scheduled online via the Palace website. You will fill out the audition form, sign up for a time, and fill out the conflict calendar, as well as upload a headshot and resume. Questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an email confirming your appointment. If you are unable to attend any of the audition times, please send us an email and we will try to work with you to schedule an alternative time.
Click HERE to fill out the form!
Rehearsals will begin on/around November 15th. We will distribute scripts the week after auditions.
Rehearsals are typically held Monday through Thursday from 7:00-10:00 pm and Saturday 1:00-5:00 pm. Performances are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 pm, and Sundays at 2 pm. Sometimes ticket demand causes us to add Saturday Matinee performances at 2 pm.
Background checks: Everyone involved with the production must submit to a background check at the Palace’s expense. If you are cast, you will receive a secure link where you can fill it out. There is no cost to you.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is a 501c3 non-profit organization. There is no compensation for any of the actors.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment in which all community members feel a sense of belonging and does not discriminate in casting practices on the basis of an individual’s ethnicity, age, gender, physical and cognitive ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, country of origin, or other factors.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.