Dickens' Christmas Carol
by Georgetown Palace Theatre
A completely different adaptation of the holiday classic A Christmas Carol. From the bonny shores of England comes the Styckes-Upon-Thump Repertory Theatre Company, a stuffy old traveling troupe embarking on their fifteenth annual farewell tour of the Dickens’ tale. The company includes Sir Selsdon Piddock, the consummate actor, in the role of Ebenezer Scrooge, with Mrs. Bettina Salisbury, Dame Rowena Middleton-Lewis, Mrs. Cordelia ffoliet-ffolkes ffortescue Woods, Teddy Shub and Elyot Crummels in multiple supporting roles.
Bettina, the company diva, pretends to be ill, certain the production will be cancelled. Sweet Cynthia Imbry, the general understudy, suddenly finds herself thrust onstage to perform a role she’s ill-prepared for! Much to the diva's shock and rage, the show does go on! Roles are shuffled at the last minute and poor Cynthia finds herself center stage.
The play begins but mid-way through the theatre doors open and in rushes Bettina, determined to reclaim her roles. Mayhem ensues as this professional company scrambles to keep the show going and everything that could possibly go wrong does, to hilarious, ridiculous results!
Auditions for Dickens' Christmas Carol.
Director: Cheryl Robinson
The production will open Friday, December 3rd, 2021, and close Thursday, December 30.
Auditions will be held Saturday, October 2 with Callbacks Monday, October 4th. Callbacks are posted on the Palace website. If you cannot make auditions, please email Productions@GeorgetownPalace.Com and we will try to accommodate.
Casting 4 females and 3 males. Please attempt a British accent.
- Cynthia Imbry: Late teens early 20’s is the company understudy suddenly forced to perform but she’s not prepared or memorized yet she really wants to impress.
- Bettina Salisbury: early 40’s to 50’s, the diva that thinks the show can’t go on without her but it does, then she tries to take it back.
- Mrs Cordelia ffoliet-ffolkes ffortescue Woods: late 20’s to late 30’s ish. A good actress that really wants her chance to prove her talent and get her shot at the spotlight.
- Dame Rowena Middleton Lewis: 30’s ish pretentious, she thinks she is better and more important than she really is
- Sir Selsdon Piddock: older late 40’s to 60’s. Classical actor and a bit of a diva himself but true to his craft and genuinely a good actor.
- Mr. Elyot Crummels: older 40’s to 50’s used to be the leading man but can no longer pull off those roles. Is genuinely a good actor that tries very hard to do his best despite the chaos on stage
- Teddy Shub: late teens early 20’s overactor that tries too hard and is cheesy and more of a caricature than authentic actor.
Please prepare a 1 to 1.5 minute comedic monologue preferably in a British accent. It does not have to be memorized but should be prepared. Some cold reading and/or improv exercises may be asked of you in addition. We welcome auditioners that are 16 and older.
Auditions are located in the Palace Playhouse, on the Playhouse Stage 216 W. 8th street Georgetown TX 78626.
Auditions are scheduled online via the Palace website. You will fill out the audition form, sign up for a time, and fill out the conflict calendar, as well as upload a headshot and resume. Questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an email confirming your appointment. If you are unable to attend any of the audition times, please send us an email and we will try to work with you to schedule an alternative time.
Click here to fill out the form!
Rehearsals will begin on/around October 18th. We will distribute scripts the week after auditions.
Rehearsals are typically held Monday through Thursday from 7:00-10:00 pm and Saturday 1:00-5:00 pm**. Performances are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 pm, and Sundays at 2 pm. Being a Christmas Production, we do have performances on Wednesday, December 22 and Thursday, December 23 at 7:30p and December 27, 28, 29 and 30 at 7:30p. Sometimes ticket demand causes us to add Saturday Matinee performances at 2 pm.
**Two Saturday rehearsals will be moved to an alternate date/time TBD, predicated on the conflict calendar.
Background checks: Everyone involved with the production must submit to a background check at the Palace’s expense. If you are cast, you will receive a secure link where you can fill it out. There is no cost to you.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is a 501c3 non-profit organization. There is no compensation for any of the actors.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment in which all community members feel a sense of belonging and does not discriminate in casting practices on the basis of an individual’s ethnicity, age, gender, physical and cognitive ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, country of origin, or other factors.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.