Original Improvised Dramedy
by Ground Floor Theatre
Dec. 18 (2018)
Casting performers for an original devised dramedy about a community of queer & transgender friends coming together to overcome personal grief & loss against the backdrop of insidious transphobic government legislation.
Rehearsals: 5 nights a week, beginning January 7
Performances: Thurs-Sun, February 14-March 2 (no Sunday performance in final weekend)
Performances at Ground Floor Theater (979 Springdale Rd)
Sandy (Lead) – Trans Woman, 50-70, any ethnicity
- Founder of transgender community center; activist & mentor to young trans people; suffering from Stage 4 pancreatic cancer
Carolyn (Lead) – Trans Woman, 40-70, white
- Sandy’s main romantic partner; a lawyer with a surprisingly conservative world-view
Oscar (Lead) – Cisgender Man, 35-50, person of color
- Sandy’s long-distance romantic partner; warm & gentle, a realistic optimist
Jordan (Lead) – Trans-identified (any gender), 25-40, any ethnicity
- Sandy’s assistant & longtime friend; a devoted caretaker with a Type-A personality
Bastion (Lead) – Trans-identified (any gender), 18-25, any ethnicity
- College student; often off in their own world, but wise beyond their years
Ramon (Supporting) – Cisgender Man or Woman, 30-50, person of color
- Local parent to a transgender child looking for help; also a former lover of Sandy & Christine’s
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Tuesday, December 18
Ground Floor Theater
979 Springdale Rd.
Please bring a resume and headshot.
Sides will be provided.
Performers will also be asked to participate a brief improvisational exercise.
To make an audition appointment, please email Director Lisa Scheps - firstname.lastname@example.org