by Vexler Theatre
Sep. 16 - Sep. 17
When Leo and Jack, two D-list English actors, are stranded without a penny or prospects after a calamitous performance of "Scenes from Shakespeare" at the Shrewsbury Moose Lodge, they concoct a scheme to "inherit" the fortune of an old lady in York, PA ... by impersonating her long-lost nephews, Max and Steve. A topsy-turvy, side-splitting roller coaster of a romantic romp by one of Pennsylvania's most loved playwrights.
Auditions at The Vex for Leading Ladies
Sunday, 9/16 and Monday, 9/17 * BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Starting at 7:00 pm.
* Please let us know if you are interested in auditioning, but unavailable on those dates.
· All roles are open and will be cast as volunteer positions.
· Prepare a comedic monologue, of your choice. Up to 1 minute in length.
· Review the rehearsal and performance schedule below.
· Email The Vex at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment and for further instructions.
- Playwright: Ken Ludwig
- Directed by: Jim Mammarella
· Show Dates: February 9 – March 3, 2019
· Performance times: Thursdays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 8:00pm, Sunday matinees at 2:30pm. (Tentative evening performance on one Sunday.)
· Call times are 1 hour before curtain.
· Regular rehearsals will begin in January 2019.
· A typical Vex rehearsal schedule is Monday through Thursday, 7pm-10pm. Fridays and earlier weekends will be added if needed due to conflicts.
· The final two weeks and weekends of rehearsals leading up to the 02/09/19 opening will be busy and all actors are expected to be available.
· Actors will be expected to be predominantly “off-book” for the first rehearsals in January.
Characters All of the ages listed are "playing ages," and a couple of them are even flexible depending on how the other roles are cast. Please relax and have fun during the audition. The show will thrive on strong characters that take themselves seriously despite ridiculous situations. Visit The Vex’s website at www.vexler.org for more detailed character notes. Special note: Leo and Jack masquerade as women. They act and dress (including wigs and makeup) in disguise in an attempt to “steal” from the rich aunt of the story.
Meg Snider: (Age: Early 30's) Local girl.
Florence Snider: (Age: 60+) Meg’s rich and ailing hypochondriac aunt.
Audrey: (Early 20’s) an "intelligent airhead" who roller-skates.
Duncan Wooley: (Age: Early 40's) Local minister.
Doc Myers: (Age: Mid 50's) Local country doctor.
Leo Clark (Maxine): (Age: Early 40's) Shakespearean actor from England
Jack Gable (Stephanie): (Age: Late 30's to Early 40's) Shakespearean actor from England
Butch Myers: (Age: Early 20's) Loves Audrey.
LOCATION: The Sheldon Vexler Theatre at 12500 N.W. Military Highway, San Antonio, Texas, 78231 The Vex is located on the lower level of the building; follow posted signs to the theatre.
[image via Stageagent.com]